After working as an engineer for four years, Nicholas Loaknauth pursued a degree in law with a concentration in intellectual property. He honed his skills as an associate at Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP for four years before starting his practice, Loaknauth Law.
What makes Loaknauth Law connect so well with its clients is adding value to businesses by harnessing the power of their intellectual property. Loaknauth Law is adept at counseling and uncovering value in intangible assets, as well as enforcing and protecting those assets. Loaknauth Law excels in counseling clients in their most challenging legal issues, most significant business transactions, and most critical disputes.
Get in touch
Loaknauth Law knows all too well that it's a painstaking process to find an attorney to work with you and represent you, no matter the case. We offer complimentary consultations to best understand your needs, your budget, and your short term and long term goals.
Nicholas Loaknauth launched Loaknauth Law in 2015. He specializes in intellectual property, including patent law, trademark law, and copyright law, as well as litigation relating to a variety of business matters. Prior to starting his own practice, he was an associate at Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP, a prominent law firm in New York. Nicholas had prior legal experience at the United States Environmental Protection Agency as well as a large law firm and a nanotechnology company in upstate New York. He is a member of the New York State Bar Association, the New York City Bar Association, and the New York Intellectual Property Law Association. In addition to his law degree, Nicholas holds a Bachelor of Science in Biological & Environmental Engineering and a Master of Engineering in Chemical Engineering.
ALBANY LAW SCHOOL
J.D., cum laude, 2010
CITY COLLEGE OF NEW YORK
M.E., Chemical Engineering, 2007
B.S., Biological and Environmental Engineering, 2003
Activities & Affiliations
• The New York City Bar Association
• The New York Intellectual Property Law Association
• The South Asian Bar Association of New York
• The New York Bar
• The United States Patent and Trademark Office
• The United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
• The United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
• Totin v. Gewurtz et al. (S.D.N.Y. 2016) (C.A. No. 1:16-cv-7863)
• Ramsaran v. Abraham et al. (S.D.N.Y. 2015) (C.A. No. 1:15-cv-10182)
• Shobha Sairam Company, Inc. v. La Mendola et al. (N.Y. Sup. Ct. 2015)
TRADEMARK TRIAL & APPEAL BOARD PROCEEDINGS
• Federation of Hindu Mandirs, Inc. U.S.A. v. Ramayana in the Park Inc. (Cancellation No. 92063195)